Just like your car and your body, your roofing system requires ongoing inspections and preventative maintenance to ensure it functions at peak condition. Considering the size of the investment involved, maximizing your return is crucial, and preventative maintenance is the foundation of ensuring roofing system lifespan.
It has been estimated that roofing systems that receive regularly scheduled maintenance last an average of 21 years, while their ignored counterparts are lucky to reach 13 years before requiring replacement.
Other benefits of a scheduled maintenance program are:
- Fewer repair/replacement bills
- Allows for repairs during warranty period
- Prevents major problems from developing
- Keeps warranties in force
- Establishes a baseline for any future insurance claims
Protection Plus Maintenance Program
The life of a properly maintained commercial roof may span more than 20 years, but a poorly maintained roof could fail in less than half that time. Exclusive to Sully-Jones Roofing, the Protection Plus Maintenance Program is a unique, low cost, and proactive maintenance program that extends the life of your roof and your warranty. Maintenance can be 100% write off on your taxes. With Protection Plus you will:
- Reduce costs and control budgets
- Extend roof life by up to 30%
- Identify and correct potential problems.
- Avoid unnecessary costs due to roof leaks
- Maintain lower energy costs
- Maintain the appearance of your roof
The program includes but is not limited to the following:
- Five additional years added to any warranty issued by Sully Jones Roofing on a complete roofing system
- Protection against roof leaks for the entire length of the warranty
- Annual roof cleaning of leaves and debris from roof, rain gutters and drains
- Annual roof maintenance to check the entire roof membrane and roof components installed by Sully-Jones Roofing
Annual roof inspections include a verbal or email report on any items that need attention even if they are not directly related to the roofing membrane including:
- Cracked or broken skylight lens and frames
- Roof penetrations not authorized by Sully Jones Roofing
- Damaged or missing rain gutters, collector boxes and downspouts
- Sheet metal joints on air conditioner ducts that are not sealed
- Oil and grease overspills from exhaust hood fans
- Missing vent caps
- Damage caused by cable, satellite, cell site, plumbing, HVAC contractors, tenants, maintenance personnel, installers, repairmen, etc.
- Excessive storm damage since last inspection
- Clogged or plugged roof drain lines
- Damaged or unsafe roof access hatches or ladders
- Sully Jones Roofing Protection Plus Warranty Plan is transferable upon sale of the property
Sully-Jones Roofing will customize your roof maintenance program to meet the needs of both your roof and your budget.
There is a small annual fee for the Protection Plus Warranty Plan. Please ask for details by calling us at 619-444-0150 or 800-611-3110.